Environmental Apprenticeship Program
The very nature of environmental issues has grown more complex in today’s world. With the introduction of bio-terrorism and environmental pollution issues, clean up requirement are increasing to ensure optimum health and safety. Therefore, certified environmental training is one of the main focuses of the Hawaii Laborers’ Apprenticeship & Training.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED Equivalent or proof of a 10th grade education
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must successfully complete and pass the Pre-Apprentice evaluation.
Note: Proof of educations and Driver’s License must be present when you apply.
Length of Program:
- 4,000 hours required of on-the-job-training (OJT)
- Minimum of 145 hours per year of classroom instruction is required
- Asbestos Abatement
- Lead Based Paint & Lead Containing Material Abatement
- Hazardous Waste Material Remediation
- Microbial Remediation
Wages and benefits increase as you progress through the program, at each level (Step) your compensation will be as follows:
|1||1-1000||50% of Laborers 1 rate||Health & Welfare only|
|2||1001-2000||60%||Health & Welfare, Pension, Annuity, & Vacation/Holiday Pay|
|3||2001-3000||70%||Same as step 2|
|4||3001-4000||80%||Same as step 2|