Construction Apprenticeship Program
The Construction Craft Laborer Apprenticeship Program consists of a minimum of 4000 hours of OJT and a minimum of 290 hours of Related Instruction. The program is divided into three parts: completion of 1,700 hours of OJT in Civil Construction, 1,700 hours of OJT in Building Construction and 600 hours OJT in Miscellaneous Construction.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED Equivalent or proof of a 10th grade education
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must successfully complete and pass the Pre-Apprentice evaluation.
Note: Proof of educations and Driver’s License must be present when you apply.
- Gravity Flow Pipe Laying
- Sanitary Sewer/ Drain System Installation & Repair
- Pressurized Pipe Laying
- Water Main Systems Installation & Repair
- Concrete Forming, Placement, Stripping, Finishing
- Mason Tending
- Plan Reading Line & Grade
- Rigging & Signaling
- Confined Space in Construction Entry
- Flag Person, Traffic Control, Work Zone Safety
Wages and benefits increase as you progress through the program, at each level (Step) your compensation will be as follows:
|1||1-1000||50% Laborer 1 rate||Health & Welfare only|
|2||1001-2000||60%||Health & Welfare, Pension, Annuity, & Vacation/Holiday Pay|
|3||2001-3000||70%||Same as step 2|
|4||3001-4000||80%||Same as step 2|